[WT-support] Minor bugs found in Win-Test WRTC version

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Fri Jul 30 20:52:34 CEST 2010

Hi Bob

Bob Wilson, N6TV a écrit :

> Apparently the WRTC version of Win-Test counted the WAE countries such
> as IT9 as a multiplier for WRTC participants, even though it is not a
> DXCC Country, so that may explain why some teams lost a country
> multiplier or two in the final log checking.

The WRTC version was derived from the IARU HF where the used country
file is the "CQWW" one, especially to guess the correct ITU zones of
some "exotic" callsigns (like the IG9 ones, who used zone 37 for their
exchange one or two years ago when a station located there entered the
contest), and also to get the correct points credit (because of the
continent).

IMHO, the WRTC rule should also use this list to prevent any discussion.
in the future.

> I also discovered that if you enter you own callsign to delete an
> incomplete or invalid QSO, that works fine /unless/ you leave an HQ
> designator like "ARRL" in the exchange field.  In that case, Win-Test
> still counts it as the HQ multiplier even though it is a zero point QSO.
>
> This last bug applies to the regular version of Win-Test as well, as
> used for the IARU contest, so I've opened Task #284
> <http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=284> in the WT bug
> database <http://bugs.win-test.com>.

I also noticed it during when I was operating TM0HQ. I found the
workaround to enter "27" as exchange instead of "REF" for our own callsign.

That will be fixed soon.

Thanks and 73