[WT-support] fallback to demo mode when v3 and v4 co-installed on same pc

Zoli Pitman HA1AG ha1ag at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 23:33:56 CEST 2010

Hello,

I have Wintest 3.25.1 in C:\HAM SW\Win-Test. Registered and worked OK.

I installed 4.5.0 in C:\HAM SW\WT4 Registered based on the letter I got from WT
team. It worked OK for the first time (one and only). OS is XP SP3.

Now what happens is that BOTH versions fall back to DEMO mode.

What shall I do to have them both running ok in registered mode? If I should
choose I'd rather keep v3.25 (Nothing in V4 so far really I need).

If I removed v4 I could not fall back to v3 since the reg file is most likely
corrupted and I can't generate v3 keys on the webpage anymore (btw, why not ???)

if I removed v3 I could generate a v4 key again, but for the time being I rather
stick to v3. (I have no plans and time to upgrade all the pc's on remote etc).

73,

zoli ha1ag

ps: I found v4.5.1 in the download area but NOD32 (also registered) gave a
positive on a variant of Win32/Packed.Themida