[WT-support] Frequency offset

Neil Powell neilpowell1 at eircom.net
Tue Jul 6 11:55:14 CEST 2010

Hi all,

We were active as EI9E/P for VHF FD over we weekend using Wintest 4.5.0 networked between 3 PCs for logging.

Had a problem with setting the frequency offsets for the transverters.  We had one PC for the 70cms and 23 cms stations.  Radio 1 was an Icom IC-821 on 70cms and this worked fine with the frequency coming direct from the rig, Radio 2 was also an Icom-821 driving a 23cms transverter from a 2m IF (146MHz), the offset of 1150000.0 was put into the Frequency offset for Radio 2 on 1296 but just could not get it to work, the frequency display was working just showing the 2m IF frequency.

Also on the following day the 4m (70MHz) station was activated which was a Kenwood TS2000 driving a 4m Transverter from a 28MHz IF, could get the CAT working fine but when an offset of 42000.0 was put in the frequency offset for Radio1 on 70Mhz the display went bananas and showed a huge frequency like 4900675432.0.

We spent a lot of time trying to get this working but after following the instructions and rechecking them just could not get it to work.  I have had this working last year in V3 and worked great.  Can someone else check to see it there is a problem in the software or has the operation of this feature changed.

Thanks

Neil EI3JE @ EI9E/P