[WT-support] BARTG

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Jan 12 12:32:02 CET 2010

Hi Erik

K5WW a écrit :

> I'd like to use Win-Test for the BARTG sprint contest on Jan 23/24. But
> it doesn't look like this contest is supported.
>
> Is there any chance that this contest can be implemented in a few weeks?
> I've read through the archives and see that this question comes up just
> about every year...

Due to to the unusual way of calculating score :

Final score = Total Pts x Countries (per band) x Continents (for all bands)

there is no way to have another contest that can be used. It is also one
of the reasons why it is not implemented : The Win-Test core - windows,
and more precisely rate and statistics calculations - relies on having a
2-factor only Pts x Mults product.

Also, the exchange requests the use of time (?!) that is not a standard
data - It also requires a special process : Time is currently set when
you enter the QSO, not when you send the exchange.

Everything above makes it a real challenge to implement, while keeping
intact the current features of the core.