[WT-support] REF Contest MULTI-OP and Band Change

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Jan 10 22:46:59 CET 2010

FYI, after a contest, if you find a band change violation or mult station
violation, or an operating time violation, just leave those QSOs in your log
and let the log checking software deal with it.  It is considered very poor
sportsmanship to remove completed QSOs from your Cabrillo log or to change
timestamps ("rubber clock") so that the log fits the rules.  Removing QSOs
is especially bad since the "other guy" gets a "Not In Log" penalty.  Some
contest sponsors may decide to disqualify a log when it is obvious that
there were a lot of valid QSOs that were deleted.

Of course it is OK to fix the timestamp of the very last QSO in a log,
assuming the QSO was started before operating time expired, or to fix
timestamps if your PC clock was way off,
but those are about the only exceptions I can think of.