[WT-support] again WTRotators and Windows Server 2003

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Jan 8 19:07:21 CET 2010

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:15 AM, Maik Reckeweg <dj2qv at rrdxa.eu> wrote:

> Bob, Laurent, many thanks for your suggestions.
>
> While it works on the Windows XP machine now, there is still no
> communication on the PC with Windows Server 2003 operating system
> installed - and this is the one where the rotators are connected...
>
> Communication with WT-DX-Telnet works fine on this server, however.
> The broadcast IP is the same throughout the network.
>
> Any ideas ?

I believe DisableAddressSharing may be set to 1 by default in Windows Server
2003, preventing proper Win-Test communications.  See this
entry<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/FAQ:Networking#UDP_error_opening_socket_.2310013_and_.2310038_Errors%20>in
the Wiki for how to fix that.

Since you have a multiple-computer network, make sure you are NOT using
127.255.255.255 as the broadcast address (check the setting in three places
on every machine:  Win-Test, wtRotators, and wtDxTelnet).

It also sounds like you may be running wtDxTelnet on more than one machine.
You only have to run wtDxTelnet on a single machine in the network.

Try wt_dev and wtRotators_dev (from
http://download.win-test.com/v4/nightly/wt_dev.zip).

If you still can't get wtRotators to work at all, try PstRotatorsAz by
YO3DMU <http://www.qsl.net/yo3dmu/index_Page346.htm>.