[WT-support] MP3 replay and features

Ulf, DL5AXX dl5axx at ehrlich-family.de
Sat Jan 2 10:52:39 CET 2010

Hi all,

First of all a Happy new year 2010...

I also want to report some observations on MP3-recording at CR3L.
We recorded the audio of 3 radios. One of them used the 'Fraunhofer IIS MPEG
Layer-3 Codec', where the recording stopped very often on Sunday morning,
but after rebooting on Sunday afternoon it worked again. No time during the
contest to go into details, sri. Replay of this stream is without problem.
Pressing alt-gr-enter always reaches the marked call.
The 2 other computer used the 'LAME MP3 Codec v0.9.2-3.98.2'. One of them
was ok.
When I want to replay a QSO of the other one, I usually have to go to a QSO,
which was 2 minutes earlier to reach the position of the QSO, which I want
to hear; but the difference is not constant. Also moving backward and
forward in the MP3-stream doesn't works ok. Sometimes I press '30 seconds
back' it will move some minutes backward, sometimes it doesn't moves. So I
think there is a problem with the timestamps.
This faulty recording was done on a Atom-netbook, which also showed some
delays in CW-keying (RS232 -> K3).

Are there any similiar observations, or it's an individual fate (german
'Einzelschicksal' - good to have online translators)

73 Ulf, DL5AXX