[WT-support] Disabling Cut Number Translation on Receive

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Feb 16 19:26:17 CET 2010

As one of the people who originally supported the idea of cut number
translation when entering QSO numbers, I have since realized that the
implementation of this suggestion has caused far more problems than I ever
anticipated.  Instead of Win-Test trying to handle it on a case-by case
basis, contest-by-contest, I think there should just be one new global
option:  Tools | Data Entry | Translate cut numbers (keyboard shortcuts:
CUTON / CUTOFF).  That way you can leave it OFF most of the time but easily
enable it whenever it is needed.

Obviously this option should only affect what happens when you press [Enter]
or [+]; it should not change anything entered on other QSOs.