[WT-support] Disabling Cut Number Translation on Receive

Andy Cook, G4PIQ g4piq at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 16 14:21:54 CET 2010

I was operating in the RSGB 1.8 MHz contest this weekend. Exchange for that
contest is RST + Serial + UK District Code. However, at the same time the
PACC contest was running where entrants sent RST + Dutch Region Code.
Win-Test allowed me to log Dutch regions into the serial number field OK (I
didn't want log 000 as a serial and enter the Dutch Regions into the UK
District Code column in order to avoid issues with multiplier count where UK
and Dutch codes overlapped), but the automatic correction of cut numbers
meant I had to do a pile of cleaning up post-contest.

e.g. NH would end up logged as 9H and UT would end up logged as 020!

I can see the options to stop sending / configure what you send for cut
numbers, but I can't see an option to turn off cut-number translation on
receive.

I was running v4.4.0. What seems even stranged is that G3BJ was doing the
same thing (running v4.4) and had no problem.

What have I missed!

73,

Andy, G4PIQ