[WT-support] Win-Test 4.7 - Windows Seven Compatibily

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Dec 11 00:31:35 CET 2010

Win-Test CW works fine on Windows 7 32-bit with COM port or LPT port CW
keying.  If you are using Windows 7 64-bit, it is harder but still
possible.  See:

http://www.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2010-November/080542.html

Make sure you type NOSOUND so that you're not monitoring the CW with the PC
speaker.  It generally messes up CW timing and gives a false impression
about the quality of the Win-Test CW.

Using the internal DVK is not possible on Windows 7 with the mic. plugged
into the sound card during the contest (no audio monitor function in Win 7
or Vista), but otherwise it works OK.

MP3 recording should work OK if you install Lame:

http://www.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2010-January/079216.html