[WT-support] Feature request: Country window with possibility to edit information

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Aug 29 20:54:04 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 5:12 AM, Toni Lindén <oh2ua at oh2u.com> wrote:

> I'd like to see a window related to stations country with possibility
> to edit the information shown in window. The idea would be like in
> Extra information window, but not related to callsing but country of
> the callsing.
>
> As an example, if I type in callsing field CR3E (or any CT3 call), the
> editable country info window could show me something like:

> 160: May be hard, try to QSY with CR3E
> 80: CQ9L single band
> 40: Mni CT3, should not be problem
> 20: Mni CT3, should not be problem
> 15: Best time at 12:15-14:15UTC
> 10: Try at 14:30UTC, CT3EN SB with 5el
> Also CQ3K and CQ9X active, both M/S
>
> Or if I type EYxxx in the callsing field, file could show me just:
> ONLY EY8MM active, big antennas on all bands

Some Win-Test users may not know that many of these features are already
available, though not all in one window.  In addition to the Check
Multipliers window<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows#Check_Multipliers>
[F10], you
can press [Ctrl-P] to display the QSY
Wizard<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows#QSY_Wizard>to
determine the best time to work a station (if HamCap is installed).
You
can press [Alt-D] to pass a
station<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Commands#Pass_a_station> or
[Alt-E] to create a
sked<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Commands#Take_a_sked>.
 Both pop-up windows allow you to add comments or notes about the station.
 Both skeds and passes are combined and displayed in the Skeds
window<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows#Skeds>(Alt-B),
including the notes.  You can right click on a pass or sked to
modify it or delete it, and the skeds can be sorted by band (but not by
country).

Combining everything together in the Check Multipliers window seems do-able,
but the window would have to be a lot wider.