[WT-support] random character ahead of rtty messages

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Aug 20 22:29:23 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Terry G4AMT <terry at g4amt.com> wrote:

> WT with MMTTY generating random character or number ahead of all
> standard messages.
> Any idea where I should look to correct this please ?

What do you have programmed for your standard messages?

Did you put a $13 in front of each message to send a carriage return?  If
not, does it help?

What version of Win-Test are you using?

In which window do you see the random character?

What are you seeing on the screen exactly?

Are you sure the random character is actually being *sent* over the air?
Maybe it's just relay noise that MMTTY is decoding when you go to transmit
using VOX?

Did you set up PTT via MMTTY?