[WT-support] Number of needed QTCs

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Aug 16 16:20:08 CEST 2010

Hi Franta

Franta Bendl a écrit :

> During of an insert of a callsign into the call-field I can see the message
> "QTC needed: 10" and this message remain also after the hit of space-bar moves
> the cursor to the report-field.
>
> If the callsign is dupe, I can see the DUPE-Message and the "QTC needed 10" is
> staying in the second line. But after hitting of the space-bar the
> QTC-message disappear and also the next hits of the space-bar don't show the
> QTC-info again.
>
> It means that if you want QTCs from the station worked already before and you
> automatically hit the space-bar after the callsign is typed in and you didn't
> catch the info, there is no more possibility to get it again.
>
> Bug or feature? Or am I wrong?

Actually, as there are only two lines available for all status messages,
so you have to choose a compromise:

- Disable the callsign syntax check (Tools / Data entry / Callsign check
/ Disabled) and enable the "QTC traffic info" (Options / WAEDC / Show
additional information on QTC traffic) : The second line will then be
devoted to this usage.

*or*

- If you enable the callsign syntax check (the second line is devoted to
it), get the QTC data on the first line, with the limitation you
explained (the dupe status has priority over the QTC info on this line).

I can't see any other option. Of course, we could have added another
status line devoted to the QTC for the WAEDC but it would ruined layouts
predefined for the other contests. And devoting a line to be used for
the WAEDC only is not satisfactory either (space wasted for all contests).