[WT-support] MK2R protocol slow down WT

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Aug 12 23:58:25 CEST 2010

You are never forced to use the microHAM control protocol with the MK2R.
Full function is available without it (except for the DVK when you have no
parallel cable connected to your PC, but you can use your sound card and the
Win-Test internal DVK instead).

   1. In the microHAM *Router* program, go to the *SO2R *tab
   2. Select *Classic Auto Control*
   3. Define which unused virtual *COM port* pins you want to use for the
   three options:  *TX Focus*, *RX Focus*, and *Stereo Headphones *(choose
   DTR or RTS, for each).
   4. If you have the parallel cable connected to your PC, define which pins
   to use for DVK control
   5. In the Win-Test *Interfaces configuration* screen, define the same
   virtual COM ports used in step 3 as *Other interface*
   6. Press the *[Configure ...]* button
   7. Set DTR / RTS to *Active Radio, Headphones control*, or *Stereo RX
   Audio*, taking care to exactly match what you defined in step 3 in the
   microHAM SO2R tab.
   8. Press *[OK]*
   9. Back at the Win-Test Interfaces configuration screen, *uncheck* the
   COM port that says *microHam MK2R/MK2R+* (this is the most important
   step)
   10. Press *[OK]* again and all the delays should be gone.  Win-Test will
   no longer use the MK2R control protocol for TX / RX switching, it will use
   virtual COM port pins.  The Advanced SO2R scenarios should work fine.