[WT-support] Registration Question

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Sep 24 22:47:05 CEST 2009

Did you just copy your entire Win-Test folder from one computer to another?
Don't do that, as that will prompt a re-register (WT.INI will get
overwritten).

After registering, it is important to cleanly close Win-Test to ensure that
reg. key is written to WT.INI.  If you're just rebooting Win98 or powering
down, that may not be happening.  Look in your WT.INI file in your Win-Test
installation directory (for V3) to see if the reg. key is "taking".

Remeber each PC has to request its own unique reg. key.  They are unique to
every computer.  You can't share a single reg. key between two computers,
but you only have to have to buy one license, for all of your computers.

Did you ever register for WT V4?  Once you do that, you will only be able to
get Win-Test V4 reg. keys from the website.  V4 reg keys will not work with
Win-Test V3.

If this doesn't answer your questions, please tell us step-by-step what you
are doing to register the PC, and what you see when you restart Win-Test.

In sum, install Win-Test clean, select Help | Register Win-Test on each
computer.  Paste the unique computer code into the Win-Test web site and
request a registration key for that computer. Paste the registration key
(received via email) into the register Window for each computer, one at a
time (different codes).  Close and restart Win-Test.  You should no longer
be prompted as if in demo mode.