[WT-support] Win-Test losing frequency info.

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Oct 28 18:10:41 CET 2009

To: EA4TX, F5VHJ, and anyone else having frequency read-out problems with
Win-Test:

I've opened task
#260<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=260>to track
this frequency readout issue.  Please post a comment there
answering the following questions, to give the developers more clues:

What version of Win-Test are you using (3.27.1, 4.01, 4.1, 4.2, 4.2-dev Rev
xxx ,...):

What version of Windows are you using (Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista,
Windows Vista 64, Windows 7, or ?):

For Radio 1:
  Radio type (FT-1000MP, K3, ...):
  COM Port Number (COM1, COM2, ...):
  COM Port settings: (4800,8,N,2, 38400,8,N,1 ...):
  DTR/RTS settings:  (Always Off/Always Off, Always On/Always On,
Handshake/Handshake):
  COM Port Type:  (real serial, microHAM MK2R, microHAM microKeyer, other
USB-to-Serial Adapter mfr, ...):
  COM port driver or / Router VERSION:

For Radio 1:
  Radio type (FT-1000MP, K3, ...):
  COM Port Number (COM1, COM2, ...):
  COM Port settings: (4800,8,N,2, 38400,8,N,1 ...):
  DTR/RTS settings:  (Always Off/Always Off, Always On/Always On,
Handshake/Handshake):
  COM Port Type:  (real serial, microHAM MK2R, microHAM microKeyer, other
USB-to-Serial Adapter type):
  COM port driver or / Router VERSION:

When you lose frequency tracking, can you still enter a frequency and press
[Enter] to get the radio to move? (Y/N):

How long before you notice a problem (first few QSOs, after x hours or x
QSOs, ...):
   (See your Cabrillo file for hints)

Any other pertinent info / comments (e.g., workaround found, never a problem
with WT 3.27 and same hardware, ...):