[WT-support] voice recorder

Stephen J. Schrack n3mx at ptd.net
Tue Oct 27 21:59:33 CET 2009

Hello Bob,

Well never used skimmer software. But I do connect to our (Frankford Radio
Club) telnet clusters.  So the filtering is keeping out the spots coming
from locations that would be unhelpful to our locations.  That being said
though, I believe it is common practice (I maybe wrong) for users/sysadmins
of telnet/packet clusters to set their location and spot filters during
contests for just the reason you specifiy.  I find the feature very helpful
in decsion making.  I was aware of the Check multipliers window, QSY wizard
with Hamcap.  Very nice features. I have used them. I also was aware of the
color coded summary at the bottom of the radio band maps and have used my
second radio to check other bands.  I did not know about the ALT F1 keyboard
shortcut.  I will use that next time.  Still I think a summary indicator of
spots coming in on other bands in the mult window or separate window would
be a welcome feature.  In light of the point you make perhaps the feature
could be turned on/off and/or spots filtered.  I know in my main logging
program DXLab I can set spot collector to connect to several clusters at
once and filter for only spots coming from selected areas or all spots from
all areas of the world.  Well these ideas are fun to discuss and hopefully
we all can benefit from them.

73 Steve N3MX