[WT-support] voice recorder

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Oct 27 21:27:12 CET 2009

I guess you are talking about this N1MM
window<http://pages.cthome.net/n1mm/html/English/AvailableMultsAndQsWindow.htm>.
That might be helpful if you are connected to some local CW Skimmers or a DX
Cluster serving only your local area, but these days, with so many clusters
networked to each other worldwide, it can give you a very misleading picture
of which stations are actually possible for you to work.  Of what use are
160m spots when it is noon, local time?

In any case, the Check Multipliers
window<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows#Check_Multipliers>in
Win-Test tells you immediately on which bands you still need a mult.
The
QSY Wizard <http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows#QSY_Wizard> tells you
which bands are theoretically still open to that country (not avail. in
N1MM, requires installation of HamCAP <http://www.dxatlas.com/hamcap/> and
VOACap, both free).

At the bottom of the Radio 1 / Radio 2 band map
windows<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows#Radio_1.2C_Radio_2_.28Band_Maps.29>you
will see a color-coded summary indicating how many spots of each type
are available, e.g.

  2S   2N   2C   1Z

means 2 Spots total, 2 are New QSOs, 2 are new Countries, and 1 is a new
Zone (on that band).  Yes it is a bit cryptic.

The only advantage of the N1MM window is that it totals and categorizes all
spots for all bands, instead of just the current band.  The same info. is
still available in Win-Test, but you do need to cycle the secondary radio
window through all the bands via Alt-F1 or direct entry (e.g. 40 [Enter] if
you checked Tools | Data Entry | Priority | Band) , and the Radio 2 band map
will show you the total for each band as you switch to it.