[WT-support] Icom 746 Pro Connection Help?

Neil Shapiro neil at neilshapiro.com
Thu Oct 22 04:38:21 CEST 2009

Well thanks to all but still no joy. I have the pulldown menu set to
746 Pro and my 746 is at the default hex address of 66. I use the
Time's settings of 19,200, 8-N-1,DTR Always ON, RTS Always ON and just
auto polling chosen with poll and CI-V transceive unchecked.  I still
cannot connect. I have tried closing everything down and restarting in
the order Bob suggested and no success there either. I am using 4.2
and Vista 64. This happens without HRD started.  I do have a Prolific
USB to serial converter. I do not see any newer drivers on the net and
would be loathe to change them as HRD (which is my main program for
ham radio) is working so well. But I doubt it is a driver issue as HRD
does work. I've also tried COM 5. I have also set DTR/CTS to handshake/
handshake without CI-V checked. Anyone have any other ideas? This is
so weird. I had HRD and Digipan setup in less than ten minutes but
this has been hours now.