[WT-support] Unable to run WT version 4.2.0

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Oct 22 04:05:26 CEST 2009

Toni,

The following AntiVirus programs are currently flagging Win-Test 4.2.0 as a
"Themida" virus or Trojan Horse:

Authentium, AVG, F-Prot, and Sophos.

All other AntiVirus checkers report no problems, so this is a false alarm.

You will need to keep your AntiVirus program disabled then:

   1. Boot Windows in Safe Mode (press F8)
   2. *delete WT.EXE* from command line
   3. Reboot Windows in normal mode
   4. Reinstall Win-Test 4.2

Then all should be OK, unless you get *another* warning from your AntiVirus
program.  GL.

You could also try installing wt_dev from
http://download.win-test.com/v4/nightly/wt_dev.zip and change your Icon to
start wt_dev.exe instead of wt.exe.  At this point I don't think there is
much difference betwen wt 4.2.0 and wt 4.2.0-dev.