[WT-support] WT v4.2.0 annoucement

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Oct 21 19:55:02 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 1:24 AM, Sante - IK0HBN <ik0hbn at libero.it> wrote:

> I think that the script editor should reside into the directory of INI
> files that is c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\win-test.
> Into C:\Program files\Win-test there is no trace of INI files IMO.

Remember you normally would keep Win-Test open while you are editing and
testing scripts.  So you would launch SciTE from Win-Test via Tools |
Scripts manager, then highlight a script and press the [Edit] button.  It
sounds like you want to run SciTE from the command line while you are in the
Scripts folder.

Instead, try this:  Select Options | Script Editor configuration.  There is
a "Use SciTE" button.  That button probably WILL NOT WORK RIGHT if you
install SciTE in the wrong place.  So please follow the directions and "move
the entire SciTE folder in the Win-Test installation directory", e.g.

C:\Program Files\Win-Test\SciTE\

Then the [Edit] button on the Tools | Scripts Manager dialog should work OK.

Note, if you don't want to install SciTE, and prefer to use a different
editor such as Notepad or Wordpad, you will probably need to use quotation
marks around the file name macro in the Options | Script Editor
configuration panel, e.g.

[x] Use another text editor
   File Open:  "%F"      (note the quotation marks)
   File Open with line positioning:  "%F"    (no line position option
available for Write.exe)

ps. Where can I d/l the latest help for 4.2.0 ?

Recent code changes are documented in
http://download.win-test.com/v4/nightly/release.txt, a copy of which is in
your Win-Test installation directory (normally C:\Program
Files\Win-Test\Release.txt).

The searchable PDF file built from the online Wiki every day is
http://download.win-test.com/docs/en/manual.pdf

The searchable online Wiki is http://docs.win-test.com.

The (non-searchable) Wiki (latest help text as HTML files) is installed on
your hard disk when you install the "full" version 4.2 (
http://download.win-test.com/v4/bin/wt-4.2.0.exe).  The "upgrade" does not
include the updated help text, which is why it is so much smaller.

Right click on a Window and select "Help" to access context-sensitive help.
Or open

  C:\Program Files\Win-Test\docs\en\main_page.html

in your browser (but there is no "search", facility so it's usually easier
to use the PDF or online Wiki).

In Win-Test under "Help", if you check "Use online documentation", Win-Test
context-help will always use the latest searchable Wiki on the Internet
instead of the one on your hard disk (must have Internat access to view).