[WT-support] Automating Caps Lock binding

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 6 19:14:22 CEST 2009

Hi José

Thanks for the background which I understand. I am historically a TRlog
user, who then  was forced to switch to N1MM when WinXP came along. I
never did like CT, and it was the CT-like style of Win-test that kept me
away. Not only that but of course the absence of ESM- which originates
in TRlog- was a major factor.

v4 of WT introduced ESM and I could see that WT provided me with some
potential advantages. Sadly the major bug in auto-duping when using ESM
in S&P mode means that these have yet to be realised for me.

Another of the potential advantages is the introduction of Lua
scripting, and even I as a  cybernetically challenged curmudgeon!, have
been able to realise several improvements.

<<

 Automatic log field focus "Caps lock biding"  is not a very good
solution, and it is CT - K1EA philosophy (which by the way K1EA
implemented into CT also according to a specification document I sent him).

But as in anything else in life, almost each head has his reasoning, so
if that is an option so be it, as long as it does not change the
"standard" rule.

You may not be surprised to know that I do not agree with your opinion,
but as the English say, "one man's meat is another man's poison"; or as
Larry/Olivier might say "des gouts et des couleurs" Also it's as you
say, running >120 p.h. on the run radio while S&P on the second radio is
quite a challenge, especially for those -like myself- who have been
licenced for over 50 years! Therefore I need as much automation as
possible, and I have become accustomed to having that facility in N1MM
logger which has worked quite well, subject only to operator error, and
not to any deficiency in the programme code. Naturally almost any
programme function should be purely optional, and nobody should be
forced to do things in a way that is unnatural to them. For my part if I
could only send the Caps Lock key code in one of the F key messages I
could achieve what I desire. I'm pretty sure that this CAN be done, and
was hoping that someone more qualified than an appliance operator like
myself might tell me how, but sadly this has not happened to date; I
live in hope!

Thanks for your perspective

73

Clive