[WT-support] Swap Radio&MK2R+

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 5 01:26:03 CEST 2009

Larry, I guess this is a matter for you

The microHam support team opine as follows

<<This is a matter for the Win-Test developers and is related
to the way they handle focus switching.>>

If you do not agree with this, could you please liaise directly with
W4TV or the support programmers in OM land. This bug seriously;y
detracts from the use of the MK2R+ in Win-test and I think should be
fixed a.s.a.p.

73
Clive
GW3NJW

Clive Whelan wrote:
> Thanks Juha.
>
> Yes you are right that this bug occurs when the dual footswitch is
> enabled in router- well spotted!
>

> However in my case this is not a mistake as I duse the dual
> footswitches. I know for sure that the problem does NOT occur when using
> N1MM logger, so I believe the issue is with the WT code. I am not a
> programmer of course, so I'll pass along the info to the mH support team
> and hope that they can solve it with the WT team
>
> 73
>

> Clive
> GW3NJW
>
> oh1jt wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> We had the same problem at oh2u station during sac ssb test. I found the
>> problem. In our microham router software the so2r tab was configured
>> wrong. The dual foot swich was active. Just disabled it and then the
>> software and microham started to behave,,
>> gl
>> juha
>> oh1jt
>> Clive Whelan kirjoitti:
>>

>>> This "bug" has been driving me nuts for a while now. At least I now know
>>> what is happening, but why remains a mystery.
>>>
>>> In contests the command has been working just fine, but outside thereof
>>> it has not. What happens is this:
>>>
>>> Pressing the swap radio key changes the tx focus but NOT the rx focus.
>>> In this scenario I am using the paddle and the internal Winkey in the
>>> MKR2+. However if I then press a programmed F key ( say F4 to send my
>>> call), then thereafter the swap radio key changes both tx and rx focii .
>>> Perhaps I'm wrong but I can only surmise that this is a bug in the code
>>> somewhere.
>>>
>>> 73
>>>

>>> Clive
>>> GW3NJW