[WT-support] Band map questions

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Nov 21 20:34:13 CET 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 6:32 AM, <Georgek5kg at aol.com> wrote:

>  1.) When I hover over a callsign on the band map, a small white window
> pops up with info about that callsign.  I generally find that I don't need
> the info it displays, so how can I turn it off the pop up window?

I don't think you can.

>   2.) How can I limit the spots to needed mults?  I have checked the
> WT documentation, but the description of the band map "Display Options",
> which does have a selection for "Multipliers only", is different in my 4.1.0
> version of WT where there is no selection for mults only.  Can I assume that
> the documentation is not up to date?

That option only works on the List view of the band map (click the "List"
tab at the bottom).  Many people find the list view more useful than the
bandmap view, due to advanced sorting options.  The bandmap view is designed
to show you every station on a band as you tune around, so it doesn't hide
any station it knows about, and it just uses different colors for mults and
non-dupes.