[WT-support] $QTCROW

Bernhard Buettner DL6RAI wintest07 at dl6rai.muc.de
Fri Nov 13 07:05:35 CET 2009

Hi WT-Team!

While getting ready for the WAEDC RTTY this weekend, I came across
a missing feature which is specific to WAE RTTY but which would come
in very handy. RCKLog provides this feature, for example.

When receiving a block of 10 QTCs, often one or two QTCs break up
during receive, due to QRN, QRM, splatter whatever. So I need to come
back to the station sending the QTCs and say:

PSE RPT QTC 3 QTC 3

And so he goes on and re-sends QTC 3.

To my knowledge there is no message variable that allows me to
automate this process. I have to use Alt-K eevery time and manually
request missing QTCs. Well, I could put the text on one of the QTC
specific function keys but how do I say "3"?

So my request is to add $QTCROW to the message variables in Win-Test
that would contain the number of the line currently selected (two
small arrows to the left and right).

Then I could put the following text into one of the function keys,
select the line which is broken and press that F-key.

PSE RPT QTC $QTCROW QTC $QTCROW

Maybe too late for this year, but we could enjoy this feature in 2010.
What do you think?

73 Ben, DL6RAI