[WT-support] Wintest 4.2.0 flagged as Virus by AVG

LA8AW oddyen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 22:20:14 CET 2009

All,

If you have problems that AVG 8.5 kick in when you install / run Win-Test,
here is a short procedure to run:
(NB! I am running Vista)

1. Open Start -> All Programs -> AVG 8.5 Free -> AVG Free User Interface
2. In AVG Free User Interface, select Tools -> Advanced settings
3. In Advanced AVG Settings, select Resident Shield, Exceptions
4. Select PUP Exceptions
5. Click Add exception
6. Select file C:\Program File\Win-test\wt.exe and click Open - then Add and
Apply
7. Select Resident Shield then Exceptions and Add Path
5. Locate the Win-Test directory on your hard drive, on my computer it is
C:\Program Files\Win-test\
6. Click OK, and Apply

Now AVG will not kick when you install / run Win-Test.

73 de LA8AW - Odd-Egil