[WT-support] Cabrillo v3

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Mar 16 09:51:41 CET 2009

2009/3/16 Hans Johansson <sm0imj at gmail.com>

> It's concerning entering the single band option.

If you log all QSOs on the same band, Win-Test will automatically figure
this out and generate the proper single-band CATEGORY statement in the
Cabrillo file.

If you log QSOs on multiple bands, and wish to enter in a single-band
category, you must edit the Cabrillo file with Notepad or Wordpad
(WRITE.EXE), and change one line:

CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP ALL HIGH MIXED

CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP 20M HIGH MIXED

and save the file.  Yes it is a bit inconvenient, but it is not difficult or
time consuming.

Last time I noticed was in the ARRL International DX Contest and the CQ WW
> 160m where I noticed that WT did not have an option to select single band
> and the Cabrillo file was also in the old format.

By "old format" I assume you mean Cabrillo 2.0.  Win-Test creates Cabrillo
3.0 files for some contests, but not all.  However, I am not aware of any
contest sponsor that requires the Cabrillo 3.0 format at this time.  Most
will accept either Cabrillo 2.0 or 3.0.

Next one now is the Russian DX Contest (next weekend) where I will also
> participate as single band.

The 2009 RDXC Rules say:

*11.1* Submit your log in the CABRILLO format created by all major logging
programs.

There is no documented requirement to submit the logs in Cabrillo 3.0
format, so I assume they will accept either format, as they have in the
past.

Maybe I'm on the wrong track, if so; guide me...

Cabrillo 3.0 is not required, at this time, for most contests, so it is not
a high priority, at this time, for Win-Test.