[WT-support] Hostility on the list?

Tom Wylie t.wylie at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 5 12:14:41 CET 2009

Amen to that - nad most of them do it in their spare time.........

Tom
GM4FDM

Bernhard Buettner DL6RAI wrote:
> In all these discussions of shortcomings and missing features, let's
> not forget what a long way Win-Test has come and what a superb and
> comfortable tool for contesting we have in our hands today. If it
> was not for people like Oliver, Laurent and many others acting in
> the background, what a sad world would it be...
>
> Think of the country files that are done by AD1C for almost 20 years.
> There are people out there who write log checking software for CQ
> and ARRL. Think of the 3830 mail archives, QRZ.COM and all the other
> things we take for granted because they exist.  But they may go away
> from one day to another.
>
> We are lucky to have people who spend years of their life to create
> and maintain a product like Win-Test. We owe them a fair amount of
> respect in the first place. I am thankful for every day they continue
> to work on the software. The day of burn-out will come for sure -
> but maybe we can prolong that productive period by being creative,
> supportive and motivating.
>
> After all - it is not always the software that needs a change or an
> improvement. Sometimes it is the person in front of the screen that
> needs an upgrade.
>
> 73 Ben, DL6RAI
>

> Cookie of the day:
>
> I know engineers, they love to change things.
>                 -- McCoy,  "The Motion Picture,"  stardate 7411.4

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 090305-0, 05/03/2009
> Tested on: 05/03/2009 11:00:18

Men are like fine wine.   They start out
as grapes, and it's up to women
to stomp the crap out of them until
they turn into something acceptable
to have dinner with!

---
Virus Database (VPS): 090305-0, 05/03/2009
Tested on: 05/03/2009 11:14:44