[WT-support] Win-Test does not meet my need!

Patrick 9A5CW pat.9a5cw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 10:03:23 CET 2009

Hi WT users;)

Best ever software made in France, simple ,easy to use, user friendly, very
stable during contests, worth every Euro!

2 x years in row 1st place EU CQWW SSB (who said isnt a real tool to win?)
TOP Ten CQWW SSB/CW world.

Great software for M/S, M2, M/M contesting... and for sure SO operating.

9A1P - Contest Team - 9A5CW Pa3k ;)

2009/3/4 hank.k8dd <hank.k8dd at gmail.com>

> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 8:22 AM, Art Searle W2NRA <w2nra at optonline.net>
> wrote:
> > Hi Larry,
> >
> > Win-Test does not meet my minimal amateur radio contest software needs in
> > its current version.  This program does not perform as advertised in the
> > features section of the Win-Test website.  Developers of this software
> > appear to not have any plans to correct the current problems in the near
> > future.  Two specific examples of Win-Test not living up to its
> advertised
> > features are RTTY performance and Cabrillo performance.  Since it doesn't
> > meet my minimal needs and advertised features I WANT A REFUND OF MY 45
> > EUROs.  Please send me a refund through PayPal as soon as possible.
>

> Well, I almost agree.
> Win-Test does not meet *all* my amateur radio contest logging software
> needs.
> *But* neither do CTWin, N1MM, or Writelog.   That's why I have all four of
> them installed on my laptops and shack logging PCs.  Use the one that best
> fits the needs of the operating event at the time!
>
> *And* when it comes to feature support the two best are (alphabetically)
> are N1MM and Win-Test.  Writelog is decent to poor and CTWin is fairly
> non-existent.
> IMHO, when you download it, pay for it *and* register it - you bought it.
> You had a chance to test it out under the 30 day trial before you paid for
> it and registered it.
>
> Considering it was like pulling teeth to switch away from CTWin to N1MM and
> Writelog, I consider Win-Test to be like CTWin on steroids!!   If Win-Test
> covers the contest of the weekend, it is first choice.  If not then Writelog
> next and the others if I have to.
>
> Besides, it's only 45 euros ..... you can blow that much on dinner and
> drinks for two at a nice restaurant!
>
> 73    Hank    K8DD
>

> --
> "I knew that God put me on this earth to be on the radio."    Ed Bradley
>
> "Me too!"    K8DD
> -

9A5CW - Patrik Hrvatin