[WT-support] Win-Test does not meet my need!

hank.k8dd hank.k8dd at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 04:29:14 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 8:22 AM, Art Searle W2NRA <w2nra at optonline.net>
wrote:
> Hi Larry,
>
> Win-Test does not meet my minimal amateur radio contest software needs in
> its current version.  This program does not perform as advertised in the
> features section of the Win-Test website.  Developers of this software
> appear to not have any plans to correct the current problems in the near
> future.  Two specific examples of Win-Test not living up to its advertised
> features are RTTY performance and Cabrillo performance.  Since it doesn't
> meet my minimal needs and advertised features I WANT A REFUND OF MY 45
> EUROs.  Please send me a refund through PayPal as soon as possible.

Well, I almost agree.
Win-Test does not meet *all* my amateur radio contest logging software
needs.
*But* neither do CTWin, N1MM, or Writelog.   That's why I have all four of
them installed on my laptops and shack logging PCs.  Use the one that best
fits the needs of the operating event at the time!

*And* when it comes to feature support the two best are (alphabetically) are
N1MM and Win-Test.  Writelog is decent to poor and CTWin is fairly
non-existent.
IMHO, when you download it, pay for it *and* register it - you bought it.
You had a chance to test it out under the 30 day trial before you paid for
it and registered it.

Considering it was like pulling teeth to switch away from CTWin to N1MM and
Writelog, I consider Win-Test to be like CTWin on steroids!!   If Win-Test
covers the contest of the weekend, it is first choice.  If not then Writelog
next and the others if I have to.

Besides, it's only 45 euros ..... you can blow that much on dinner and
drinks for two at a nice restaurant!

73    Hank    K8DD

--
"I knew that God put me on this earth to be on the radio."    Ed Bradley

"Me too!"    K8DD
-