[WT-support] Win-Test does not meet my need!

Nick Totterdell nick at totterdell.co.uk
Tue Mar 3 19:29:26 CET 2009

Hi

Having used my own software for several years, I have to admit that Wintest
is better and on the whole is great to use. It could really do with a few
obvious features that I haven't found however:

1.	A tool to save and recall the contest independent configuration with
a chosen filename. I use my laptop at home and when away - this means two
totally different setups - one for SO2R with microHam, FSK, PTT, etc. and a
second with an FT897 and simple CAT interface with CW via a transistor
switch. All the configuration has to be typed in again each time I change
radio - not easy. I use a word document to store the settings and type them
in from this.
2.	A tool to save and recall the standard messages with a chosen
filename. I save them for each contest in a word document and copy and paste
them in each time. When I repeat a contest I use the previous file, rename
and delete the Qs to avoid this problem.
3.	The ADI output file for RTTY does not include the power field - RSGB
club championship now shows 400W in my main log for RTTY and I promise I was
using 100W!

Oh and Wintest does crash whenever I save major changes to the configuration
- but thankfully it always restarts.

73 G4FAL