[WT-support] Putting the contest compilation out in the community?

Hans Johansson sm0imj at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 18:28:09 CEST 2009

Hi all,
I think this subject was up in a thread some time ago, but don't know
if there was any response to it.

Win-Test supports a waste number of contest, thanks to the team behind
this effort.
But apart from the large number of supported international contests,
there is also a huge number of more or less local contests around the
world. Many of these with locally developed logging tools or by using
a "good enough match" from the existing Win-Test list of supported
contests.

I would like to use one tool, Win-Test, for all contests I participate in...

I have no clue how difficult it is to compile a contest set-up file
for Win-Test. Maybe it's something extremely difficult and that's why
it's kept within a limited number of individuals to perform. Or it's
fairly easy but for quality reasons still kept within a limited number
of individuals. Correct me on this statement...

What about making it possible for the Win-Test community to compile
set-up files for local contests and share the files for validation,
correction and distribution? The whole Open Source community works
that way and it looks like it works pretty well :)
This does not violate the intellectual property of the software
itself, it just add another dimension of the market for Win-Test.
Quality assurance regarding Win-Test distributed set-up files stays
within Win-Test, the rest is up to the community to quality assure and
support.

Am I completely out of bounce (oops, sorry, golf term for being
outside the playing field)?

73's

--
Hans Johansson - SMØIMJ