[WT-support] V4

Peter Bowyer peter at bowyer.org
Wed Jun 24 15:32:34 CEST 2009

On 24/06/2009, Steve and Judy <hodgson at cytanet.com.cy> wrote:

> I thought that the whole point of a contest programme was to support
> contests.

Win-test supports lots of contests.

> The ideal contest programme would support every contest known to man be it
> CW,SSB,RTTY, or any other  mode for that matter.
>
> If V4 or any future version is not going to add more contests then what is
> the point in purchasing it.

For the new features. And to provide an encouragement to the authors
to continue supporting a fine product.

And the message wasn't that no new contests would be supported ever,
but that current development priorities are elsewhere. New features
and big re-writes introduce potential instability and it makes all
kind of sense to limit the scope of enhancements for a time whilst the
new bits are bedded in. Good software quality practice in action, once
more, from the WT developers.

But if the product doesn't meet your needs, you're free not to buy it of course.

Peter G4MJS

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter at bowyer.org
Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/peeebeee