[WT-support] New User

marcelo at alternex.com.br marcelo at alternex.com.br
Wed Jun 3 15:37:50 CEST 2009

Hello
everyone

Last
weekend WPX was my first contest with win-test. I’ve been wanting to give it a try
for a long time, so I decided to jump in right in a big contest.

I was
impressed and very pleased with the software, but had some issues that I´d like to
share and get some input from the community.

First I could never get the DXCluster interface
to work. The Telnet client connected, but I got the dreaded "Error opening UDP
socket #10013" message whenever I
tried to configure the loopback IP. From what I saw in the archives, this is probably
caused by some other piece of software. I’ll investigate that.

I found the outgoing
serial numbers a bit crammed. Maybe it is just an impression, but I had an unusual high
number of repeat requests. Is there any parameter anywhere (wintest, winkey) to insert a
tiny fraction of a second between each figure of the S/N?

I also had
a small but annoying delay between pressing the + key and the start of transmission.
Maybe I need a faster computer, maybe it’s the time to process the $CORRECT. It is
really annoying in fast pile-ups.

Apart from
these issues, I was very pleased with the software, and intend to definitely make the
switch. There some other small things I need to get more used to, like the overwrite
mode when typing serial numbers, but that’s part of the learning curve.

73 and CU
in the contests

Marcelo,
PY1KN