[WT-support] Ver 4, SO2R, WinkeyerUSB

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Thu Jul 30 06:41:14 CEST 2009

Hi -

hank.k8dd wrote:
>> Using $TR1/$TR2 macros does select the radio for transmitting, but not
>> if the radios are swaped with the "*" key?
>

> Using $TR1/$TR2 as in my example in a of :
> Primary Radio F1:
> $TR1 $RESET $R1R1 $F1 $ALTERNATECQ
> And Secondary Radio F1:
> $TR2 $RESET $R1R1 $F1 $R1R2
>
> Press "*" and the WinTest radio focus switches radios, but the
> WinkeyerUSB does not switch for the paddle.
> If I press an F-key to send something the WinkeyerUSB sends the CW to
> the correct radio.  Then the paddle will send CW on the correct radio.

I'm not 100% sure but I'm afraid that this behaviour is not a
particularity of the Winkey implementation. In SO2R, the focused radio
is selected right before one sends something from the keyboard. The
paddle might be used not for S&Ping but sending something which is not
pre-programmed in the messages when running. Changing this could
introduce lots of side effect. Let's wait for the LUA scripting
implementation, that could probably help you for having the particular
behaviour you need.

BTW, Thanks you for the additional information.

Olivier / f5mzn