[WT-support] Ver 4, SO2R, WinkeyerUSB

hank.k8dd hank.k8dd at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 15:22:33 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 2:47 AM, Olivier F5MZN<olecam at f5mzn.org> wrote:

> Anyway, please help me to clarify the problem:
>
> Using $TR1/$TR2 macros does select the radio for transmitting, but not
> if the radios are swaped with the "*" key?

Using $TR1/$TR2 as in my example in a of :
Primary Radio F1:
$TR1 $RESET $R1R1 $F1 $ALTERNATECQ
And Secondary Radio F1:
$TR2 $RESET $R1R1 $F1 $R1R2

Press "*" and the WinTest radio focus switches radios, but the
WinkeyerUSB does not switch for the paddle.
If I press an F-key to send something the WinkeyerUSB sends the CW to
the correct radio.  Then the paddle will send CW on the correct radio.

> What is set in the "Second output (pin 5)" combobox? PTT? Radio2? How
> WinkeyerUSB deals with PTT and CW ouputs? In the previous releases of
> Winkey, I think it was necessary to choose between PTT and Radio control.

I had "Second output (pin 5)" set to Radio.   I did not set it back to
PTT to see what happens.

When WinkeyerUSB was released, K1EL also updated the Winkeyer utility
programs to include an updated setup.  N1MM has updated their setup
screen for WinkeyerUSB, Writelog has not (still has the Winkeyer
Serial setup).

http://k1el.tripod.com/files/WinkeyUSBman.pdf         Data sheet
http://k1el.tripod.com/files/Winkey2ErrataSheet.pdf   Errata sheet
http://k1el.tripod.com/files/WK2_SW_Guide.pdf        Software guide

The Winkeyer seems to be one of the best alternative to the
disappearing hard serial and parallel ports!

73    Hank    K8DD