[WT-support] V4 Rotator Control - wtRotators documentation added to Wiki

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Tue Jul 28 09:02:48 CEST 2009

Hi again,

Bob Wilson, N6TV wrote:
> I've just added a major section to the Wiki regarding rotator control,
> which of course is a new feature of V4.
>
> Please see http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Rotators
>
> I have a couple of open questions about how it works (marked: Q: for
> "Question"), and I could use an updated screen shot of the small
> controller window from someone who actually has a rotator talking to
> wtRotators (I don't have a computer-controllable rotator to connect).
> Please use the name "BigStack" as in the example, for consistency.

Thank you for your valuable contribution, Bob. We appreciate it!

[Q: How are rotator groups used? --Ed.]

You can affect several antennas in a group in order to to turn them all
in sync. This is usefull for stacked antennas which are on separate
rotors. In WT, you can then turn the "stack" (all rotors will be turned
to the target azimuth) or you can turn them independently (for example,
both antennas beamed to two different directions).

[Q: How does one specify that 170 to 190° are "out of range"? --Ed.]

Hmmm... Joker! (I'll try to deal will this, Bob. Well seen!)

[Q: How to specify a range that excludes 170 to 190°? --Ed.]

Same than previous!

Olivier / f5mzn