[WT-support] conversion WT3 -> WT4

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Jul 14 04:14:34 CEST 2009

Hi Art,
I assume you have auto-loading enabled.

First, delete the 3.67 GB .WT4 file.

Second, type

WT tempfile

to launch Win-Test 4 with an empty (new) file.  Next type OPEN [Enter] in
the callsign field to open your old .WTB file.

Conversion to .WT4 should then be successful.  Your .WTB file should be
untouched.

As I previously reported, there's a bug in WT4 that causes big problems
(infinite loops, huge files) if you do* WT filename.WTB* or have it open a
.WTB file automatically.  The only way to convert it properly is to go
through the File, Open dialog within Win-Test, then select the .WTB file.