[WT-support] Deleting logged QSOs

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Jul 12 04:06:58 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Clive Whelan <clive.whelan at btinternet.com>
wrote:

I can see that this can be done from the menu system, but today, trying to
> get some practice in IARU I- of course!- managed to press the wrong key and
> logged an invalid QSO. Not to worry I thought, cursor up to the previous QSO
> and press F11

[F11] is "Wipe QSO" which means "blank out all the fields and start over."
 It is most often used on the last line of the logging window (the data
entry line), not on other log lines.  If you accidentally press [F11] while
the cursor is on a previous line in the log, you can press [Ctrl-Z] to
restore the data that used to be there.

Win-Test will attempt to prevent you from "logging" a QSO that has a blank
callsign or exchange, and that's a good thing.

To really *delete* an entire QSO from earlier in the log (e.g., after you
press [Enter] or [+]), use the menu item:  Edit | Delete QSO.  That's the
only way to do it.

FYI CLEARLOG (or Edit | Delete All QSOs) is the best way to empty a practice
log right before the start of a contest.  That way you don't have to start a
new log file and reprogram all the CW messages.  CLEARLOGNOW does this
without asking for confirmation, so take care.

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Laurent HAAS - F6FVY <f6fvy at free.fr> wrote:

> Deleting a Q can cause inconstancies in the log (especially in multi-op
> environments). Luckily you've been able to reopen your log with no
> damage. I thought this menu was no more existent but its removal was
> forgotten in our todo list...

I think the Delete QSO menu is grayed out (disabled) for multi-op or any
networked computer environment.   But I sure hope the developers do NOT *remove
*this menu item, as it is *very *handy when testing things or when you just
want to get rid of a junk QSO that you accidentally logged.