[WT-support] SO2R Setup

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sat Jul 11 17:16:46 CEST 2009

Hello,

> Can someone please point me to where the latest setup information for
> the MK2R is located.  I have found several different versions here and
> on the microHAM site none of which have solved my problem.
> I have the K3 as radio 1 and this is working fine.  I cannot transmit on
> radio 2 unless I manually select radio 2 on the MK2R.
> I have advanced SO2R selected and capslock binds to second radio but
> only radio 1 transmits.  If I swap radios the problem remains with radio
> 2 which cannot transmit.

Please verify,

-> in mH Router:

- that you have associated a COM port for "Control" in the "Ports" tab?
- that you have checked "microHam control protocol on COM port" in the
"SO2R" tab?

-> in Win-Test, Interface Configuration:

- that you have affected "microHam MK2R/MK2R+" on the appropriate COM
port mH. Baud Rate and so seems not important here.
- that SO2R Advanced Mode is activated

I just check thsi setting here with the latest version of WT and mH, and
it worked out-of-the-box for me:

- * toggles radios
- F1 sends CQ on radio 1
- Shift+F1 sends CQ on radio 2

In case of problem, you can enable Traces in mH Router ("Mon" bouton),
in order to see if WT and mH are correctly "takling" together.

HTH

Olivier / f5mzn