[WT-support] Serial Port

Iain MacDonnell - N6ML ar at dseven.org
Fri Jul 10 20:30:19 CEST 2009

Albert Crespo wrote:
> When I opened up wintest I did not have a radio connected to it and received the com port opening error window. Instead of hitting the disable this port only for this logging session, I must have hit the disable this port permanently window because now when I open up the interfaces configuration window, no serial ports are available.
> How do I retrieve the ability for wintest to use serial ports?
> I cannot find anything in the reference manual that covers this issue of what happens when you hit the disable port and want to undo the disabling of the useage of serial ports.

Hi Albert,

Clicking that button should not prevent you from going back to the
interface configuration window and reconfiguring your serial ports -
it just prevents attempts to access the ports until you do that.

If your serial ports are not available, it may be a problem at the
OS level. Right-click on "My Computer", select "Manage" and look
under "Device Manager" -> "Ports". Do they appear there?

     ~Iain / N6ML