[WT-support] V4.0 ESM functionality

Bob Henderson bob at 5b4agn.net
Tue Jul 7 18:11:03 CEST 2009

Larry  help please.

I have installed V4.0 for use in the IARU test and I'm experimenting with
ESM.  I am a little confused by the default functionality and I wonder if I
have options to change ESM behaviour?

My expected functionality is as follows:

Cursor in empty call field .... CQ message sent
Cursor and Call in call field.... Exchange sent
Cursor in exchange field...Terminator sent (TU) and cursor returned to now
empty call field.

What I find with Win-Test ESM is

Cursor in empty call field....CQ message sent
Cursor and call in call field....Exchange sent

However.....

The cursor never leaves the Call field unless I tab to the exchange field.
This is fine but at the next press of the return key with the cursor still
in the Call field the terminator is sent.  This is not what I would expect.
What if I am asked for a repeat?  While the cursor remains in the Call field
with a Call, I would expect the exchange to be sent.  As many times as I
press return.

Thanks

Bob, 5B4AGN