[WT-support] V4 and Download of Files from "databases"

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Jul 2 08:32:08 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Franta Bendl <dj0zy at i--i.de> wrote:

> It isn't quite clear for me how to download additional files from
> "databases" or new master.cty file.

First, don't confuse master.scp with cty.dat. :-)

The easiest way to get the latest CTY files is to start WT4 and type CTYFILE
[Enter] in the callsign field, then follow the prompts.  Too bad it isn't
this easy to download the other files.

The documentation means that such files are now stored under (hidden) "C:
> \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Win-Test\databases\".
> OK,
> but how can I say to IE to store the new file in this directory?
>
> Sorry for maybe primitive question but Windows is not my favorite system
> ;-)

:-)

If you prefer Unix you can use the command line (Start, Run, CMD.EXE) to
copy your old database files instead of downloading them again.

COPY "C:\Program Files\Win-Test\*.dtb" "C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Application Data\Win-Test\Databases\"
COPY "C:\Program Files\Win-Test\*.scp" "C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Application Data\Win-Test\Databases\"

as documented in my previous note earlier today.

If you want to download the latest, you need to un-hide your "Documents and
Settings" folder to make it visible in the file dialogs.

   1. Start, Run, Explorer C:\
   2. Click Tools | Folder Options
   3. Click the "View" tab
   4. Under "Advanced settings"
     Hidden files and folders
       Show hidden files and folders (click to activate)
   5. Click the [Apply] button
   6. Download your databases