[WT-support] SO2R on 2 networked computers

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Tue Jan 27 21:55:08 CET 2009

> Sure PTT interlock it's enough, anyhow what I feel it's
> missing ATM and it
> would be nice to have is CW or SSB msgs queued (please
> refer to W0YK/P49X
> post in June 2008). Besides SO2R such a feature can be
> useful also for
> Multi-ops with 2 interlocked radios on the same band.

I asked about that a year ago myself and was told no chance,
but I think it would be very useful.

I built my own delay box that records the cw if the radio is
locked out and waits and then sends the stored CW when the
first radio drops. I still have some bugs to work out but it
should be workable.

> I understand concerns about TX inhibit through software
> only, but maybe it
> might be possible for WT to sense if PTT (PCa/radio a or
> PCb/radio b) is
> "closed" and so queuing msgs (or even last/1st wins) until
> trasmission
> stops. I think in a 2 PCs environment (SO2R or WRTC) that
> would be easy to
> handle, also in large MS/M2/MM setups as long as it's used
> to handle 2 same
> band radios (establishing "sub-networks").

The box I built watches the amplifier relay and PTT lines,
and the first radio on holds the line. If there is a
collision the main radio always wins. The thing I missed was
a cancel send switch in case the held radio needs to cancel
the memory.

73 Tom