[WT-support] SO2R on 2 networked computers

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Jan 27 18:46:53 CET 2009

Hi Carolyn

Carolyn Gyger a écrit :

> Thanks for that info. I can see how it would work for two single band
> entries. What I'm really wondering about, however, is whether it will
> work for a single op all band entry where the exchange includes serial
> numbers such that the computers have to stay in sync in order for each
> rig to be able to give out the right number. With single band entries,
> each computer would maintain its number, but I'm not sure whether a
> single op all band entry would work since it would require immediate
> updating to avoid duplicate serial numbers being given out. WPX RTTY is
> a perfect example of the problem; even M/S and M/2 entries have to keep
> a single sequential log for that one.

The serial number is updated once a Q is entered. It means that
duplicate number could be given out if you send a report on, say, PC#2
*while* the Q on PC#1 (with the same number) is not entered yet.

TBH, I never tried such a configuration, as I consider SO2R being
operated with one machine only, but you (or your friend) can try the
trial version and simulate it at no cost !