[WT-support] SO2R on 2 networked computers

Carolyn Gyger pinkchicken at cox.net
Tue Jan 27 18:11:46 CET 2009

Hi Rick,

Thanks for that info. I can see how it would work for two single band entries. What I'm really wondering about, however, is whether it will work for a single op all band entry where the exchange includes serial numbers such that the computers have to stay in sync in order for each rig to be able to give out the right number. With single band entries, each computer would maintain its number, but I'm not sure whether a single op all band entry would work since it would require immediate updating to avoid duplicate serial numbers being given out. WPX RTTY is a perfect example of the problem; even M/S and M/2 entries have to keep a single sequential log for that one.

Carolyn, K0AN
"Be the change you want to see in the world." Gandhi