[WT-support] WT winkey MK{2R} problems

Nick F5VIH/SV3SJ f5vih at sinanis.com
Mon Jan 26 23:13:34 CET 2009

Hi all,
I am using WT with an MK2R (and occasionally a MicroKeyer) and I get the
following problems:

- Varying speed of certain messages. For instance, running at 30wpm,
regularly the "+" message will be sent at 36 wpm or more. Sometimes it is
just the exchange "INS" message. It is can occur at any speed.

- Sometimes sending with paddles connected to the Microham device, will
leave the setup in a state that no WT F-keys function. One has to either
send a dash/dot with the paddles or press esc. This seems to unblock WT and
F-keys function correctly (even sending all the key presses that have failed
before unblocking).

- There are situations that pressing an F-key, will send only the first
letter of the message. WT will then block for good and the only cure I've
found is to restart the router and WT. If I just type setup on WT and then
click on OK, WT will simply crash.

The setting I do use are a winkey com port set up with the defaults offered
by WT, I leave also the speed control to be not-synchronized between WT and
MicroKeyer, controlled by the knob. The radio if relevant is a K3 a 756 and
a 756proIII

If you need more information I'll be happy to provide it for.

73's Nick