[WT-support] Winkeyer

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Fri Jan 23 03:04:34 CET 2009

Sorry, now I am still in the soup and need help.

After I learned the weight control was not a weight control
in wintest, I removed all the new MFJ keyers and built and
installed K1EL USB winkeyers. The keyers assembled and
installed perfectly with no problems at all, but I can't get
wintest to work through the keyers so I am in the same bad
shape as I was and I have a contest tomorrow.

I went to the config interfaces and have everything setup to
use a winkey on the correct com port (com 7) but can't seem
to send. If I disable the com7 and enable the LPT I can send
using my old interfaces, but of course I am back to no real
weight control and sometimes a choppy CW.

The Winkeyers seem to be fine. I just cannot get wintest to
send through the winkeyers on the usb com7.

Help please, this is frustrating me to try to fix a software
shortfall on weight and spend so much money and time!!!

73 Tom