[WT-support] NAQP Multipliers/Rig Control Issue

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Jan 13 10:53:24 CET 2009

2009/1/12 Robert Pack, NX5M <nx5m at txcyber.com>

>  NF shows in the Worked States/Provinces window.  What is being
> sent/received is NL.
> Had to log it as NF or Wintest would not recognize it.
> Was there a mult file update that I might have missed?

NF and LB seem to be hard-coded in Win-Test as acceptable abbreviations for
the Newfoundland/Labrador multiplier, with NF being written to the Cabrillo
file, even though NL is used for other contests such as the ARRL Sweepstakes
(see ARRLSEC.DAT<http://download.win-test.com/files/equivalence/ARRLSEC.DAT>
).

I've opened Bug Report
#229<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=229>
.

I can't find an official set of multiplier abbreviations for the NAQP,
either in the Official Rules <http://www.ncjweb.com/naqprules.pdf> or
the Cabrillo
Spec <http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/qso-template.html>.  I think the
organizers will accept NF as a valid abbreviation, but if it makes you feel
better, you can just edit the Cabrillo file and change it to NL before
uploading it.

You can also add the following lines to the equivalence file
NAQP.DAT<http://download.win-test.com/files/equivalence/NAQP.DAT>to
get Win-Test to accept all of the following variations.

LAB  NF
LB   NF
NL   NF

I tried changing "NF" to "NL", but then Win-Test flags the NL QSOs as
"?????" so a code change is required.

> NAQP CW:  Rig control worked just fine except for one problem.
> On my Yaesu rigs, click on a spot to go to the spot frequency and the radio
> goes to USB or LSB instead of CW even when the spot is most certainly in the
> cw band.  Ideas?

Did you try selecting Options,
Bandplans<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#Bandplans...>,
set up the band segments for each band, then check "Use this current
bandplan for the current log" ?  This may not fix it, as bandplans are
mainly intended to filter packet spots by mode, but it is worth a try.

But before doing that, try running wt_dev.exe (from the Nightly Build
directory <http://download.win-test.com/nightly/> ) to see if it works any
better.  Bug #215 <http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=215&do=details> is
supposed to be fixed in that version (3.24.0-dev).