[WT-support] win-test and microkeyer

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Feb 25 02:07:43 CET 2009

2009/2/24 Rick Dougherty NQ4I <nq4i at contesting.com>

> Hi all...just added a WinKeyer to one of my stations...got it working on cw
> with Win-Test pretty quickly...but on ssb another problem....anybody
> successful using Win-Test with Winkeyer on ssb with Yaesu FT-1000D??? I am
> sure that I am close just need a little guidance...thanks de Rick NQ4I

2009/2/24 Rick Dougherty NQ4I <nq4i at contesting.com>

> my mistake on the previous post...I am using Micro Ham MicroKeyer and
> Win-test..de Rick NQ4I

See http://www.microham-usa.com/appnotes/appnote38.pdf for instructions on
connecting your PC sound card to your microHAM microKEYER.  Note the section
on PTT.  If you are using VOX select "A", if you are using Win-Test to
generate PTT via a COM port, select "B", and if you are using a footswitch
plugged into the back of the mciroKEYER select "C".

In Win-Test Interface
configuration<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#Configure_interfaces...>check
"Enable sound card" and select the appropriate sound card.

Program one of your virtual COM ports for PTT (aka "Other interface").  Use
the same COM port as defined in the microKEYER Ports tab for PTT.  Press the
[Configure] button on the Interface configuratoin screen, next to that
"Other inteface" COM port, and set RTS (Pin 7) to PTT, then press [OK].

To program the CQ message, Press [Shift-F1] and speak into the microphone,
then click [STOP] to halt the recording.  Repeat the process for your other
messages.

To play back the message, press [F1].